- Festival Introduction
- Princess Galyani Vadhana & Music
- Princess Galyani Vadhana Institute of Music
- Festival Logo
Princess Galyani Vadhana International Music Festival begins In 2020 as part of a new project initiation by Princess Galyani Vadhana Institute of Music (PGVIM) which aims to continue its mission in realizing Her Royal Highness Princess Galyani Vadhana’s vision in promoting and supporting classical music in Thailand. The objectives of the festival are:
- To honor the late Her Royal Highness Princess Galyani Vadhana who tirelessly support classical music in Thailand
- To realize Her Royal Highness vision in promoting classical music to Thai society
- To be an international stage for classical music performance
- To explore possibilities and ways of classical music happening, its economy, and to make it sustainable for the current and future contexts.
- To develop knowledge and skills learned from the experience during the festival for creating creative business value and to build a high-value culture economy.
The activities during the festival will be divided into two parts in correlation to the aim – Festival Performances and Start-Up Competitions.
Festival Performances, which aims to be an international stage for classical music artists and to explore possibilities of classical music-making, features guest artists and finalists from the Performance & Promotion Competition.
Start-Up Competitions further divides into two categories – Business Model Pitching Competition, and Performance & Promotion Competition. The Business Model Pitching Competition looks for solutions from innovative minds to create an ecosystem for a sustainable future of classical music in Thailand. The Performance & Promotion Competition aims to challenge the next generation of classical musicians, both Western and Traditional, to be proactive in the fast-changing world.